Monday, May 24, 2010

the beginning

Its always hard for me to start these things cause I always feel like there's so much for me to say. In short, these pages will be filled with my life, my experiences, my sadness, my joy. It will always be inadequate and I will never be able to truly express the way my journey will shape and form me but I hope that one story, or one picture will change even just a moment of your day. That while news stories have stopped reporting the realities of the third world, specifically Haiti, the devastation still exists and is still the reality of many.


So here goes nothing.


Most of you know that I was privileged enough to spend a month working at a hospital in Leogane, Haiti. A beautiful magical place full of crushed houses, dusty streets and some of the most resilient beautiful people I've ever seen. The moment I boarded the plane to return to the states, I was miserable. I knew I wasn't supposed to come home for good so I started figuring out a way to get back. I've now bought a one way ticket to Haiti with plans to stay for around 5 months.


I'll be working at a field hospital 3-4 days a week and the other 3-4 days I'll be working with an organization called Hands On Disaster Relief. www.hodr.org


The next few posts will be the letters I sent to my family from the month I was there.

I hope to bless you and give you a glimpse into life Haiti. May this blog serve to remind you of what so many have already forgotten, and inspire you to have perspective on life's priorities and what beauty really is.



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for starting a blog... I know there's no way to express everything, but just so you know, your attempts/efforts/rambles are extremely valuable to those of us watching from afar. I love you!

    ReplyDelete