Monday, May 31, 2010

home.

I'm home.

All my yucky inside feelings and worries and insecurities are gone. They melted away as soon as I smelled Haiti.
I'm here safe and sound after waiting at the airport in the rain for two hours and then having to change a tire cause the roads are so bad and then pulling over cause the car got a gas leak.... we're home. I'm sweating all over the place and I LOVE IT.

It's so good to see all of my Haiti HODR friends and feel so welcomed the moment I walked through the doors. I barely put my bags down when they asked me to do 8 tetanus immunizations on the volunteers. Ahhhhhh. It feels good to be back. I was also walking to the hospital when I heard my name being called by a certain familiar raspy voice. I turned to find Jonas and Williamson running at me with open arms.
Again... it's so good to be here.

1 comment:

  1. Love you Catie. Sounds like your welcome wagon was everything you could have asked for. Nicole and Chloe send their love and we are all glad you are safe and happy. Miss you already.

    Nano

    ReplyDelete